Sync Schedule Genie™ to an External Calendar
Stay up to date by syncing Schedule Genie™ to an Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Schedule Genie™ sends a copy of the appointment data to a connected Outlook or Google calendar. Only one calendar can be connected at a time.
- Appointment updates made in the connected calendar are reflected in the platform when real-time updates are turned on.
- Connect an external time off calendar to the Availability schedule to remove busy or unavailable time slots from Schedule Genie™.
For removing time slots from Schedule Genie™ by referencing an Availability calendar, review the Availability section. For connecting or syncing an external CRM/ILM calendar, see the Appointment Availability and Location article.
Connect an External Calendar
Microsoft Exchange accounts and calendars are not supported. If your account is managed via Exchange, this integration will not succeed.
Before You Start
- Log out of any Google or Outlook accounts which you may be signed into or that may automatically log or sign you in.
- Disable the automatic login feature associated with Google or Outlook by deselecting "Remember Me" or "Keep me signed in" checkboxes.
- Clear browser cache and cookies. To do so, see these steps: Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
- Perform a hard refresh of the browser.
- macOS: Command + R.
- Windows OS: Control + F5.
We recommend connecting a shared calendar that everyone on your team has access to view or update.
Outlook Calendar Integration (Walkthrough Video)
Connecting an External Calendar
- Log in to the platform.
- Scroll down to and click the Apps tab in the navigation menu, then click Schedule Genie™.
- The Schedule Genie™ page opens in the main window.
- Scroll down to the Calendar Integration section and click the Configure Calendar button.
- The Remote Calendar Configuration: Schedule Genie™ page opens.
- If a calendar is currently linked to the module, click the Unlink Token button. This disconnects the current calendar allowing a new calendar to be connected.
- Click the Remote Auth Config button.
- The Remote Authorization page opens.
- Click the Create a new Remote Auth button, then click the drop-down corresponding with the calendar to be integrated: Microsoft Outlook or Google Gmail.
- Navigate to the link displayed.
- If you are the owner of or have the login credentials to the Google or Outlook account, click the Launch button to initiate the authorization process.
- If someone else owns or has access to the login credentials, click the Copy button to copy the link displayed then share the link with the Google or Outlook accountholder.
- A new window or tab displays the login screen for the selected account.
- Enter the login credentials associated with the calendar to be connected. Note: We recommend connecting a calendar that all team members have access to view and edit.
- A prompt to allow The Conversion Cloud® access to the account displays.
- Outlook: click Yes.
- Google: click Advanced, then Allow.
- Take note of the Cloud or Azure Key generated after providing access.
- Click Allow on the Confirm your choices screen.
- Return to the Schedule Genie™ module by clicking the Apps tab in the platform, then Schedule Genie™.
- Click the Configure Calendar button.
- The Remote Calendar Configuration: Schedule Genie™ page opens.
- Locate the key that matches the one that was just created and click Use This Key.
- In Remote Calendars click the "Connect Calendar" button next to the calendar to be linked to Schedule Genie™ and display Schedule Genie™ appointments.
- In Remote Calendar Options, turn real-time updates on by clicking the red "Off" button next to Get real-time Calendar updates.
- The Schedule Genie™ calendar is now integrated for two-way communication. Lead or customer data will automatically be pushed to the linked calendar. Updates made to appointments on the linked calendar will be reflected in the dashboard and vice-versa.
If the user signs in from a different computer or device, Microsoft or Google may require the user to validate who this user is. The additional verification steps are not included above and are separate from the integration steps.
|Google Calendar||Microsoft Outlook Calendar|
|• See your personal information, including any personal information you have made publicly available.||• Maintain access to data you have given access to:|
Allows The Conversion Cloud® to see and update the data you gave it access to, even when you are not currently using the app. This does not give The Conversion Cloud® any additional permissions.
|• View and edit events on all your calendars.||• Read your profile:|
The Conversion Cloud® will be able to read your profile.
|• View your calendar.||• Have full access to your calendars:|
The Conversion Cloud® will be able to read, update, create, and delete events in your calendars.
|Google allows a user to select what access to grant to The Conversion Cloud®.||Microsoft grants all access to The Conversion Cloud®.|
If the calendar integration is unlinked or disconnected, any changes or modifications made to an appointment will not be reflected in the dashboard. When unlinked or disconnected, the calendars can not communicate and share appointment updates.
- Only one calendar can be connected to the Schedule Genie™ module.
To connect a calendar, a username and password are required.
Remote Authorization Key
- Keys can be configured for both Microsoft (Outlook) and Google (Gmail) resources. The registration link is used to request access to the remote service (either Outlook or Gmail). When completed successfully, a new key is added to the Remote Authorization list.
- Select the appropriate service to get a registration link.
- Another user or account is automatically logging in.
- This may occur if the account login details are saved or if there are system defaults in place. Clear the browser cache and history for the browser in use and follow the integration steps above.
Schedule Genie™ Overview
Provide customers with the ability to request or schedule an appointment or meeting at their convenience, 24 hours a day. The Schedule Genie™ module allows you to set an appointment location, type of appointment, predefined appointment lengths, ...
Add a Remote Time Off Calendar
Sync company holidays, meetings, and other time off by linking your Availability schedule to an Outlook or Google calendar. Benefits Availability pulls appointments and meeting from the connected calendar and removes the time from the scheduling ...
RealPage ILM (Calendar Sync)
The RealPage ILM integration is modified from the OneSite integration. This integration allows the Schedule Genie™ module to read your OneSite calendar while delivering lead cards to your ILM. The OneSite PMC and Site ID allow the Schedule Genie ...
Appointment Availability and Location
The Schedule Genie™ module references an Availability schedule created within the platform or an external CRM calendar to determine a company's hours of operation. These hours are included in the Schedule Genie™ calculation to determine the start and ...
View your application’s performance, plan your appointments, and organize your time with the Leads Calendar. The Lead Calendar displays the date of any scheduled or canceled appointments that were requested through the Schedule Genie module. To find ...